|Version 25 (modified by rpenate, 4 years ago)|
- http://publicus.opengeo.org/styler2/debug.html - Styling for a local vector layer
- http://publicus.opengeo.org/styler2/gs-integration-debug.html - GeoServer integration, using the RESTConfig API
Below is a design proposal for Styler informed by OpenGeo's draft GeoExt Interaction Guidelines.
Add layer workflow
Style all features
Style features as categories
Style features as quantities
From Cholmes: manage multiple SLDs, Import/export SLD, history, 'View Source' (display the raw sld and let people tweak it), Support for alternate styles (e.g., in WMS there's the default style and the alternates. It'd be great if we had a way to have styler be able to style them all, and to set which one to use as the default)
Editing symbolizers for multiple style rules simultaneously
Limit by scale
Pros: hews to conventions in ArcMap (with their assumptions for print maps)
Cons: results in multiple layers per data set, multiple layers for a single legend; gets especially confusing when dealing with classifications by category or quantity
Pros: hews to expectations set forth by SLD specification (with their assumptions for web maps)
Cons: results in multiple style rules per layer, multiple legends for a single layer; gets especially confusing when dealing with classifications by category or quantity
Pros: all symbolizers can be summarized in one style rule
Cons: violates expectations set forth in the SLD specification
- Advanced Labeling - The first step is to be able to choose font, font size, font weight, and font color. And then past that to do the standard placement stuff (Anchor Point, Displacement, Rotation) (see: label symbolizer wireframe), and our vendor specific params (grouping, follow line, max angle delta, space around, prioritization, etc)
- Live Preview - should be able to switch to 'live' mode when you're zoomed in enough (like some feature limit), and get the features and adjust the styling with OL with instant feedback. Then be able to have GS render it, to make sure everything worked right.
- Display multiple layers at once - if you're making a base layer you'll want to see how your road style fits in with your parks, water, pois, etc. Ideally you could select them all for editing, but a half way could be to just select which you want to edit. One possibility is to use the Photoshop/Flash model of viewing multiple layers but only editing the selected layer, another option is explicitly setting the active/editable layer as with Alachua.
- Other SLD parameters - like stroke-linejoin, stroke-linecap, stroke-dasharray
- Image manager - should have a box showing all the images already available. These ideally should be all the images you have on your geoserver (and you can upload more if you have admin rights), plus remote images that you have referred to in the past. Should be able to add images and remove them. This obviously depends on some rest stuff in geoserver. One step further would be to let a user point at another 'image set', on another geoserver, or a web directory formatted right. We could provide a few default image sets, and figure out how to point to Google's image sets.
- Create rule from value - We talked about this some before work started, to be able to create a rule from the values of the currently selected feature. We now have a nice 'rules used to render this feature' dialog. Would be great to have something in there that can [ create a new rule from a value, like with streams a 'create rule for all streams with cat = 1'. That then takes you to the advanced filter dialog, and can change it to be less than 1 and whatnot, and pick your color, etc
- Zoom levels - this is a bit less thought out, but there's a logical coherence between displaying like roads at different zoom levels. And it could be nice to auto generate a number of zoom levels, make it easy for people to customize them.
- Polygon Symbolizer - demonstrating inheritance
- Label Symbolizer
- Feature Inspector - a draft of minor improvements to the current (beta) feature inspector
- Layer Pane - displaying multiple layers
- Layer Pane - same as above, with context menu
- Layer Pane - with selectable base map
- Rule Group Inspector - a sketch of how rule groups could be created and managed
- Popup Draft - first stab
- Fill panel Draft - different direction, first stab didn't pan out
- Early Workflow Drafts: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Workflow Draft 5 - expanded on layer details
- Workflow Draft 6 - improved symbology palette
- Wokflow Draft 7 - improved load/save; added 'else' filter; clarified all features / else style editing
- SLD Load & Save - Added to the Styles tab of the Layer detail dialog