The OpenGeo LiveDisc is a disc image / virtual machine built to show the best of the OpenGeo software stack.
This will come in two flavors, with the possibility of more in the future. (Possibly even client-specific.)
- The "Try It" experience: The OpenGeo Suite preconfigured. A marketing tool. Downloadable from our website.
- The "Workshop" experience: Our software set up to facilitate our workshops.
Features common to both experiences
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- uDig (hidden from menu)
- Misc tools (Firefox, Firebug, GEdit, Terminal, etc)
Features only on "Workshop"
- Workshop materials
- Google Earth
- Data directory (just the data required by the workshop)
- Splash page (intro + links to workshop)
Features only on "Try It"
- Quickstart instructions
- Data directory (nice layers, including Ivan's Bay Area OSM demo)
- Splash page (including fact sheet + marketing materials)